Thursday, January 25, 2007

Who opened the door?

Who opened the door?

I feel as thou I have been stretching for days
It all started in a big open space; I was a mere spec in the haze
The room is getting smaller; the walls are closing nearer
The camera has moved in for a close up and all the space has disappeared

I did not understand the darkness, until I saw the light
The light is bright and scary; I retract away safe into the night
My eyes must have adjusted I knew my world just fine
Clawing scratching and kicking, holding myself back from the line

Something powerful was drawing me, towards the big bright light
I am being pushed and pulled towards it, I turn to face my plight
Which way is up I wonder, wait the light is in the floor
Carefully pressing onward towards the floors small door.

The door is getting larger as I grow near
I see something out there, is it something to fear
I try to move slowly, this is how I sneak
If I move a little closer I could steal a peek.

As my head draws closer, I begin to smell the air
I cannot hear a sound, but I see a lot of big things out there
I try to move backwards and feel a hard push from behind
I don’t want to go out there and making me is unkind.

Suddenly it happens there is a hand around my face
It grabbed me and yanked me, out of my safe place.
Pulling me into the light so bright and cold
I watched them cut my tummy, I felt them make a fold.

Upside down they turn me, before they slap my bum
Did I do something wrong or was that just for fun
They dip me in the water is it me they are trying to harm
Wrap me in a blanket, and hold me safe in your arms

The sound of your heart beating helps me to calm down
Releasing all the trauma of my arrival to this town
I feel your love surround me safe and warm once more
I guess you were the one, whom opened the door in the floor

BjM 7-16-05

No comments: