Monday, January 29, 2007

It would not die

The lights went down and we sat in silence for a moment. The curtain opened to a young woman sat alone in the middle of the stage, a single spotlight upon her. A simple maiden’s dress had never made such a statement, her hair was brown and long hiding her face as she slowly lifted her head and spoke.

I used to have it all - you know
That was before it was my time to go
A house a car a Yukon too
I could buy all I wanted, even a ski-doo
I had to run I had to hide
I had a pain that was deep inside
I tried to kill it but it would not die
I had to medicate it I don’t know why

I don’t expect you to understand
Its not up to you, it’s my hand
It’s a mistake, I should know more
I’ve traveled down this road many times before
The life of an addict is what I had to choose
I can’t win when I’m expected to loose
I see that smirk upon your face
You don’t understand the demons that I chase

I see your face the shame in your eyes
For me you are, just another good bye
I know I hurt you, I hurt me too
You can grow from yours; I will do what I do
Go on now; time to carry on with your life
Hey take care of the biz, the kids and my wife
I’ll be back you never have to worry
I will repay your good deed with my rage of fury

I’ll take what you give and then take some more
I’ll cheat and I’ll lie to settle the score
Who do you think you are, saying no to me
I will show you how vengeful I can be
I will sue you to get all you have
I like to hurt others just for a laugh
When people tire and support me no more
I’ll just get the enablers to enable some more
BjM 3-15-05

I do not begrudge you for your past I do however begrudge you for your future.

No comments: