Thursday, July 28, 2016

Goodnight Mavis



Say goodnight to Mavis,
Its time she got some rest.
She’s been feeling rather poorly,
It weighs heavy on our Chest.

Taken from us quickly,
Although it breaks our hearts.
One of my favorite memories ,
Is how you loved kicking my ass at cards.

At the cribbage table,
You beat us every time.
Even if we tried to cheat,
We couldn’t get Twenty nine.

A heart so big, a smile so bright
You were the real deal.
You faced the world for what it was,
And told people how you feel.

Our broken hearts, will soon mend,
 The pain will soon subside.
We all take solace knowing,
How much you enjoyed the ride.

You loved us each for who we are,
Even those with flaws.
Looked past our imperfections,
Took on the world, as it was.

We’ll always have our Fridays’
You made me feel like kin.
My wish for your final resting place,
Is that it is chock-full of Firemen!

Goodnight Mave I love you

Miss B
Bjm 7-22-16

No comments: