Saturday, February 10, 2007

Begin to End

As a baby I cried out
It got me attention
There never was a doubt

As a toddler I acted up
They oh’ed and awed
Said I was cute as a pup

I started school became the class clown
The role suited me
I had the act down

As a teenager they called me bad
They used to encourage this behavior
So why are they getting mad?

As a young adult out on my own
Feeling sorry for myself
Getting hit by the curves that life has thrown

Finally; an adult at last
Heading towards the future
Trying to drop the scars of the past

The baggage is heavy, it weighs me down
It leads me right into
The shadiest part of town

I find others like me, carrying bags of old
Down here everyone has them
We display them like gold

We all fill our bodies with toxic potions
Helps to lighten the baggage
Soothing us like the sound of the ocean

It works for a while then we need more
We will steal and we will beg
Until you get tired of slamming the door

Middle age won’t find me for I will be dead
A life wasted on self-pity
Such a shame they all said

Please close the casket it’s too late for me
Don’t race through your life
Save your self now, stop to breathe and set yourself free
BjM 7-16-05

No comments: