Saturday, February 17, 2007

Gateway Food

I used Smartie’s casually
Alone with no one there
One day it dawned on me
To find a friend and share

At the high school party
A place to find friends
I want to be popular
Before my life ends

They stood in a circle
The most popular girls
I looked on in awe
At the glamour and curls

I mustered up my courage
With new box in hand
I would ask a question
Hey, where did you get your tan?

That was it I was in
Clever as a fox
Just waiting for the moment
To share the contents of the box

I reached into my pocket
And slowly revealed the candy
I was so excited
Everything seemed so dandy

They did not want Smartie’s
She tossed them aside
I could not believe the look
Of disgust in her eyes

Smartie’s are kids stuff
She said, reaching in her purse
Lifting a small brown bag
I have never felt worse

The colours are so vibrant
And powerful she said
These must be used with caution
You can get in over your head

Then they pulled me closer
To share the secret they hold
I stood mesmerized watching
Waiting for the scene to unfold

Green is the most powerful
Taking one she said
Show a green to a boy
And he will go were lead

Try the brown first she warned
Before dropping them in my palm,
OK I assured her I would
But, I was anything but calm

I looked around for peering eyes
And when none could be found
I popped the brown one in my mouth
And slowly I unwound

My knees got weak immediately
The room began to spin
I can’t describe the pleasure
That my mouth was in

It took a few moments
But I now understand
Smartie’s are kids stuff
But that’s where I began

Now I find myself a slave
To the vending machine
The sound of loose change
Makes my heart sing

Digging through the sofa
Searching for quarters on the floor
Scrounging through moms purse
Behind the closed locked door

I am not a thief
I just have a great need
Others don’t understand
I have an addiction to feed

It is my ecstasy
My Valium too
Nothing else soothes me
Like M&M’s do
BjM 2-17-7
{For Berner with love}

1 comment:

Miss Mia said...

WOW babes xxx