Friday, February 19, 2016

Seventy Four


There was a beginning,
Or more of a start
The memories flood forward
Our ways will soon part


A reason for leaving
A reason to go
A quest for my freedom
With baggage in tow

Think of the firsts
Mask over the lasts
Our time in the valley
Yea we had a blast

The time that I lent you
Oh it broke my heart
To come home and find you
Crumpled needing new parts

When we rebuilt you
The truth was revealed
A moment in time
Secrets concealed

Lives became altered
Friendships were strained
After the dust settled
You and I remained

We spun some tires
And ran from the cops
But there’s nothing like being
Airborne waiting to drop

Cruising the avenue
Foot to the floor,
Looking for trouble
Knowing the score

Kids in fast cars
Limits abound
Can you imagine?
The things that they found

The memories are plenty
The scars slowly fade
But there isn’t a moment
Of this time I would Trade.

This time shaped my future
As I carved out my past
Learning life lessons
Cruising round, driving fast.
BjM 12-8-15

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a perfect life poem. It sums it all up, or at least the important points. As one fellow poet to another though, your poetry is amazing.

Anonymous said...

This is a perfect life poem, it sums up most of anyone's life. As one fellow poet to another though, your poetry is amazing!

Bo Cee said...

Thank you so much for your kind words.
I did not know they were here before today.
But I wanted to let you know they touched me Thank you!